17 Questions on the Survey of India Topographical Sheet no. 45 D/7 (45 D/7; Easting 10, to 18 and Northing 17 to 28)
b. Site of annual fair west of Malgaon
c. Village Dadarla towards the west
d. Open scrub in the north
e. Village Nagani
2. Give six-figure grid reference for the following:
a. A dry tank south of Hathai village
b. .362 in the northeastern part
c. Temple in village Pamera
d. Well with brackish water south of Pamera
e. PS in village Pamera
3. Give the direction of the following:
a. Dangroli (1024) from Nagani (1224)
b. Hathai (1419) from Mohabbatgarh (1717)
c. Village Posintra (1521) from temple (1224)
d. Temple (1419) from temple (1224)
e. Pamera (1622) from Dangroli (1024)
4. What are the important means of transport available in this region? Give reasons in support of your answer.
5. What is the general slope of the land in the southern part of the region? Justify your answer with examples.
6. What are the important means of irrigation in this region? Give reasons and examples in support of your answer.
7. Which places in the region have radial pattern of settlements? Give reasons in support of your answer.
8. Explain the general relief of the area with special reference to the northern part of the region.
9. Find out the straight-line distance between the following:
a. .362 (1627) and temple (1419)
b. Village Dangroli (1024) and village Pamera (1622)
c. The east-west length of the region in km.
d. 20r O (1622) and 3r (1117)
10. Find out the distance to be travelled between the following:.
a. Track distance between Nagani and Posintra
b. Length of pack-track from Nagani to the east
c. Length of tracks plied by motors in the dry season
d. Track distance between temple (1419) and temple (1622)
11. Draw the symbols for the following:
a. Dry tank with embankments
b. Trellis drainage pattern
c. Scattered settlement
d. A temple and a chhatri
12. Give the drainage pattern
a. In the grid square 1626
b. In the grid square 1523
c. In the grid square 1227
13. What are the main occupations of the people in this region? Give reasons and examples to justify your answer.
14. Find out the area in square kilometres of the region enclosed by Eastings 10 to 14 and Northings 19 to 26.
15. Find out at least two natural features in the grid squares
16. Find out at least two man-made features in the grid squares
17. Describe the general settlement pattern
a. In the grid square 1717
b. In the grid square 1622
c. In the grid square 1521