(B) (B) United States (C) China (D) Russia.
(B) Improvement in the literacy level.
(C) The size of its adolescent population
(D) Improvement in health conditions
2. What is Sex ratio?
(A) Number of females per thousand male
(B) Number of females per hundred male
(C) The study of population growth
(D) Difference between birth rate and death rates
3. What was the population density of India according to 2001?
(A) 124 person / km2
(B) 224 person / km2
(C) 324 person / km2
(D) 424 person / km2
4. A large proportion of children in a population is a result of:
(A) High birth rate
(B) High death rate
(C) High life expectancies
(D) More married couples
5. Which is the most populous country of the world?
(B) United States
6. The number of people in different age groups is referred as:
(A) Sex ratio
(B) Age composition
(C) Adolescent population
(D) Occupational structure
7. Which of the following factors are responsible for sprase population?
(A) Flat plains and abundant rainfall
(B) Rugged terrain and unfavourable climate
(C) Fertile soil and abundant rainfall
(D) Rugged terrain and favourable climate
8. In how many years is the official enumeration of population carried out for census.
(A) 1 year
(B) 5 years
(C) 10 years
(D) 2 years.
9. Which of the following is an important social indicator to measure to extent of equality between males and females in a society at a given time?
(A) Age composition
(B) Literacy Rate
(C) Sex ratio
(D) Death Rate
10. Name the Union Territory having the highest density of population?
(C) Puducherry (Pondicherry)
(D) Daman and Diu.
11. As per 2001 census, which of the following states has the least density of population?
(A) West Bengal
(C) Arunchal Pradesh
(D) Uttar Pradesh.
12. Countries that have higher population density than India are:
13. The most populous state of India is:
(A) West Bengal
(C) Uttar Pradesh
14. When did the National Population Policy come into effect?
15. Which one of the following is not a Tertiary activity?
(B) Transport and Communication
(C) Administrative services
(D) Building and Construction work.
16. Birth rate is the number of live birth per thousand persons in:
(A) 10 years
(B) 5 years
(C) 2 years
(D) 1 year.
17. Which one of the following activities constitutes primary activates?
18. The total area of India accounts for how much percent of the world’s area?
(A) 2.4 percent
(B) 16.7 percent
(C) 3.28 percent
(D) 1.02 percent.
19. Name the state having the highest percentage of literacy level:
(D) West Bengal.
20. What year is considered a great demographic divide in India?
21. The magnitude of population growth refers to:
(A) The total population of an area
(B) The number of persons added each year
(C) The rate at which the population increases
(D) The number of females per thousand males.
22. Which of the following migration of population does not change the size of the population?
(A) External migration
(B) Internal migration
(C) International migration
(D) National migration.
23. Which one of the following activities comes under primary activity?
24. Transport, communication, commerce come under the:
(A) Primary activities
(B) Secondary activates
(C) Tertiary activities
(D) Rural activities.
25. Which among the following is not included in policy framework of NPP 2000?
(A) Imparting free and compulsory school education above 14 years of age
(B) Reducing infant mortality rate
(C) Achieving universal immunization of children against all vaccine preventable diseases
(D) Making family welfare a people centered program
26. Which of the following is not included in Primary activities?
(B) Poultry farming
(D) To give Education.
27. Which of the following will not have a direct impact on human capital formation?
(B) Medical care
28. Which one of the following is a market activity?
(A) A teacher teaching her child
(B) A teacher teaching in school
(C) A mechanic repairing his car
(D) A barber cutting his son’s hair
1. (C) 2. (A) 3. (C) 4. (A) 5. (C) 6. (B) 7. (B) 8. (C) 9. (C) 10. (B). 11. (C) 12. (D) 13. (C) 14. (D) 15. (D) 16. (D) 17. (D) 18. (A) 19. (A) 20. (B) 21. (B) 22. (B) 23. (A) 24. (C) 25. (A) 26. (D) 27. (D) 28. (B).