Eria According to Debate.org 57% of people agree

Eria HilliardMrs.Wallace Period 3 English II03 December 2017Should the Death Penalty be Allowed? In the United States, death penalty is a subject that has divided the country. Over the years there’s been a  vast amount of opposition concerning the death penalty while few has supported it.  According to the Death Penalty Information Center, a survey was conducted October 5-11, 2017 and fifty-five percent were in agreement of the death penalty if the person was convicted of murder. This number declined by five percent from October 2016.  As of today,  thirty-three states believes that the death penalty should  legal while the remaining seventeen states no longer supports the action (https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/Gallup-Support_for_Death_Penalty_Falls_in_2017.)   I believe the death penalty should be legal throughout the nation. There are many reasons as to why I believe the death penalty should be legalized in all states for those who wrist for hurting them or their loved one.commit crimes such as murder, sexual abuse of a child, and rape. I believe that if the law enforce the death penalty as consequence for those crimes that the percentage would go down each year. Lots of victims and their families feel that suspects get the slap on the Why not sentence murderers to the death penalty?  According to Debate.org 57% of people agree that murderers should be sentenced to the death penalty  (.http://www.debate.org/opinions/should-murderers-proven-guilty-be-subject-to-the-death-penalty-as-punishment ).  1465 murderers has been excuted for the murders they have commited between the time period of   1976-2017 (https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/documents/FactSheet.pdf). It has been proven that if the government enforce more laws that 3-18 murder would be prevented . If more people stand up for what they believe, the percent of murders would go down each. So for this year it has only be 23 people to be executed for murder. I believe that if  we keep the death penalty that the number of people that are sentenced would drop down to 18. (https://www.bartleby.com/essay/Pro-Death-Penalty-PKCK4HXZVJ) There are many kids that are sexual abused. Based on Rainn.org 34 percent of kids that are violated are under the age of 12, and 66 percent are between the age of 12-17. 1 out 0f  9 girls, and 1 out of 53 boys under the age 18 experience sexual abuse (https://www.rainn.org/statistics/children-and-teens). 93% of the victims are related to the their abuser, the other 7%  are done by strangers. If the government and the law enforcement let more schools teach kids how to speak up and have a class that teach the about sexual abuse lots of kids would speak up. Also, if they execute or sentenced their abuser to the death penalty the the number of kids that sexual hurt would drop tremendously. 60% percent of people agree with the quote “When you sexually, mentally, or physically abuse a child, you are ruining their life. They are more likely to commit suicide and have depression. No child should have to go through this. I know because I was one of these children. It’s not good on the mentality. These people don’t deserve a life in our society.” by Ryuzaki Nier. According to Rainn.org people between the age 12-34 are most likely to get rape compared to  any other age group. There is about 34 people that would be rape a day. But the number of people rape a year has dropped from 63% since 1963 (https://www.rainn.org/statistics/scope-problem). Rape can damage someone’s life, lots of people believe  that rape is just like murdering someone. Based on debate.org 76% of people believe that rapist should receive the death penalty (http://www.debate.org/opinions/should-rape-constitute-the-death-penalty). I feel no matter if it is your first or second time rapeing  you should be excuted, because you are destroying someone’s life. If the government and the court of law put their foot down the  rate for rape, would not be so high each year. The death penalty  can be a difficult topic to approach because people tend to have extreme views on it. Especially when their loved one is the suspect of a crime. The death penalty is an asset to society,  it deters potential criminals as well as serves retribution to criminals, and is in no way immoral. The arguments against the death penalty often do not hold up when examined more closely. It is important that the nation is united on this issue, rather than having some states use capital punishment while others do not. The death penalty can be an extremely useful tool in sentencing criminals that have committed some of the worst crimes known to society. It is imperative that we begin to pass legislation making capital punishment legal throughout the United States so that justice can be served properly

x

Hi!
I'm Johnny!

Would you like to get a custom essay? How about receiving a customized one?

Check it out