How To Write a Condolence Letter? (With 2 Samples)
2. We are stunned and appalled by the tragic news.
3. I just can’t believe the terrible news…. It is a great tragedy which has struck us untimely.
4. His sudden demise has opened the floodgates of pain and sorrow.
5. I have just at this moment learned of the sudden death of—-
6. Our hearts grow heavy with sorrow at this embittering news.
7. I am aware of the sudden shock and grief your family is suffering with this untimely and tragic death.
8. I am equally at pain as you are. . .
9. We are profoundly saddened by the news. .
10. I genuinely face a lack of words to comfort you today.
Touch Upon the Merits of the Person:
11. He was so popular among family and friends.
12. He had a sterling reputation.
13. We know it is an irreparable loss and this cherished soul was so dear to your heart.
14. We remember him as a great personality who endeavored for a social cause.
15. Such a loving and compassionate soul!
16. Her memories will forever be in my heart.
17. I for one will always miss her gentle and caring counseling.
18. What a magnanimous and dynamic personality he was, an icon in his industry.
19. An outstanding warrior, a patriot and a martyr! Alas!
20. It was a privilege to have known your mother; and her loss will be felt by many for a long time to come.
21. An astute leader, a precious pearl, who enlightened and uplifted the lives of many in this little township of (Place Name), would forever be remembered for his laudable contributions and splendid accomplishments.
22. A shining light of medicine, he dedicated his life to bring relief and succor to the ailing and suffering. A true example of humanitarian attributes and altruism.
Re-Affirm your Sympathies in the Close:
23. My heartfelt condolences to the bereaved family.
24. May the departed soul rest in peace.
25. May God alleviate your sorrow and give you solace to tide through your immense loss.
26. with deepest sympathy to you in your great loss.
27. In deepest sorrow and affection.
28. We sympathize deeply with you in your bereavement.
29. Do count us amongst all those who share your grief and whose hearts are heavy with pain for you today.
30. I stand ready and eager to help in any way I can.
Offer your Help:
31. Your children look up to you for your guidance and comfort at this untowardly hour.
32. Do let me know if I can do anything for you in this hour of trial.
33. You will forever have beautiful, cherished memories which no one can ever take away from you.
1. Sample Condolence Letter on the Death of Uncle
It is with deep sorrow that we share your grief at the sad and untimely demise of (Name), your uncle and partner. Our association with him had been long and fruitful. He was not only an enterprising person but also a wonderful human being and a genius in his field. His vision, farsightedness and drive had led the company to its present position.
We regret the loss and express our deepest condolences at this grave tragedy. May the departed soul rest in peace.
2. Sample Condolence Letter on the Death of Police / Army Office
The nation pays homage to your martyred son, Major (Name), who gloriously laid down his life in honour of the country.
Your great loss and the biting grief at this sad misfortune cannot be ascertained, I know that. Yet I beseech you to display the faith and courage that your son, nay, son of this soil, exhibited. I wish you comfort and solace.
As the Defence Minister, I tender you my thanks for this solemn sacrifice and wish to state that India has always been proud of such mothers who have sacrificed their sons for the country – they are sterling gems and the pride of our nation.
Such great lives as that of Major (Name) are never lost, they are always remembered with respect and honour lives which are the protector of the unity and integrity of this ancient land.
Madam, I bow to you in honour and hope that God gives you the courage and fortitude to bear this agony.