How To Write A Reply Letter To Your Landlord Refusing To Increase Rent?
Tenant Refusing Increase
1) Your letter has put me at all odds.
2) I was amazed by your letter demanding a hike in rent.
3) Your letter demanding higher rent for your house is a way beyond logic.
4) I am surprised by your preposterous letter.
5) Excuse me but your letter finds no logic or rationale.
6) Your letter has placed me at an awkward end.
Decline the Request
7) I find the demand unjustified and unreasonable and cannot comply with it.
8) It has not been a year since you increased the rent.
9) Your house is in a tottering state and has never been repaired. Hence it does not warrant any increase.
10) You have been misinformed as the rent that I am paying is equivalent to the current market rates.
11) I do not agree to your proposed escalation.
State your Reasons for Denial
12) I have for long been paying you higher rent.
13) Your covered space is much lesser.
14) Your proposed increase violates our rent/lease agreement valid for a year.
15) You have not given me the rights of the roof/covered parking.
16) Your flat lacks the basic facilities like tiling, woodwork or almirahs.
17) I have already undertaken some expenses on your home, by your approval, like fans, switches etc.
18) I am financially constrained to comply with your demand.
End on a Cordial Note
19) I hope you will make your decision by pondering over all aspects.
20) I hope you will take a broader view.
21) I expect you to weigh full perspectives.
22) Please bear for some time.
23) I do not intend to offend you yet request you to reconsider your decision.